Room 104 Families,
- I will be assessing students for end of the year dibels during both literacy and math centers this week. Since this is an individual assessment, all the other students will be working on their own. It would be very beneficial to the students to have an extra pair of eyes and assistance during those times (9:30 am – 10:30 am and 2:20 pm – 3:30 pm). If you would like to help out please send me an email!
- I have one project up on Donor’s Choose. Tell your friends and families and share the link on your Facebook and social media pages! Check it out and thanks! –
Fish and Snails
- Our fish and snails are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or snails, please let me know. There are five fish and three snails.
Sight Words: good, please, who
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my,
here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he,
she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue,
black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from,
his, her, out, this, what, get, went, they, not, where, got, make, find, but, eat, funny, help
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Greet five other students like any animal they choose
- Activity – Nickel Poem
- Sharing – Students will share their Animal Research Projects
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Read Around the Room Number Words, Building Sight Words, Sight Word Search
- Writing – Students can write about anything they would like
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – GameGoo
- Listening- Students will listen to If You Give a Dog a Donut then draw something that happened at each the beginning, middle, and end
- Teacher Time – End of the Year Dibels assessment
- Beginning blends and short vowel sort
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Independent Writing Folders
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Dinosaurs
- We will read many fiction and nonfiction books about dinosaurs
- Baby Dinosaurs
- Today I Was a Paleontologist and This is What I Discovered…
- I Dreamed About a Dinosaur!
- Dinomite Dinosaurs
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- Dibels Assessment
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Our field trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo went wonderfully! The students had an amazing time. Thank you so much to all the chaperones who made it such a great field trip!
- Please let me know if you would like to present or send something in for Asian Pacific Heritage Month
- There is no school Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, May 20th. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info