Room 104 Families,
- All (four!) of my Donor’s Choose projects have been funded. Thanks for your donations and helping to get the word out.
Fish and Snails
- Our fish and snail are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or the snail, please let me know. There are five fish and one snail.
- I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from, his, her, out, this, what, get, went, they, not, where, got, make, find, but, eat, funny, help, good, please, who, under, so, pretty, had, very, or, too, must, first
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Greet Five People
- Activity – Practice Play Songs
- Sharing – Students will share what they are excited about for first grade, insect research projects
Wednesday, June 17th
- We will attend the school talent show
Thursday, June 18th
- Room 104 will be performing The Very Hungry Caterpillar at 10:30 am in the auditorium.
- Parents and family member attendance is welcomed and encouraged to attend
- Costumes are already due, please turn them in if you have not
- At 2:00 pm we will be having our kindergarten celebration, A Banana Split Party, on the playground
- Please see the blog post and paper sent home for the donations needed
Friday, June 19th
- Last Day of School! It is a full day – 8:45 to 3:45
- There will be an all school picnic. We are outside all morning and watch a movie in the afternoon.
- Parents and family members are welcome to come to the picnic
- Students can bring towels to sit on, games, outside activities, and snacks.
- Lunch will be provided, but students may bring their own if they would like
- Students should wear sunscreen, a hat, and dress for the weather.
- Summer birthdays can bring a snack to share.
- Report cards will be given out at the end of the day before dismissal.
- This school year was a great success, in part, to the dedication of all the families. Education is a joint effort between home and school. Thanks for actively participating in the education of your child and helping them to start on a great path. The students are ready to become first graders, wherever they may be, and that is very exciting! The students have grown so much over the past school year and have learned so much. I am looking forward to seeing them as big first graders in the halls next year.
- I will be checking my work email over the summer if any questions come up.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Please return any library books you may have at home.
- A form has been sent home asking you to indicate if your child will be returning to Ray next year. This information is very important in properly planning for next year. I still have not received all the forms and it has been sent home twice to some students. If you need a new one, let me know!
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info