Room 104 Families,
- All (four!) of my Donor’s Choose projects have been funded. Thanks for your donations and helping to get the word out.
Fish and Snails
- Our fish and snail are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or the snail, please let me know. There are five fish and one snail.
Sight Words: too, must, first
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from, his, her, out, this, what, get, went, they, not, where, got, make, find, but, eat, funny, help, good, please, who, under, so, pretty, had, very, or
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Greet Five People as Any Animal
- Activity – Parts of an Insect Song
- Sharing – Students will share their favorite insect and why
- Our day will go a little differently this week
- Morning – Learning about and doing butterfly activities
- Learn about the difference between butterflies and moths
- Caterpillar/Butterfly Life Cycle
- Writing Prompts
- Sequence The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Read many fiction and nonfiction books about butterflies
- Early Afternoon – Kindergarten Memory Books
- Afternoon – The Very Hungry Caterpillar practice
- If anyone would like to help with our rehearsals, let me know
- Thank you to those who have already volunteered to help behind the scenes the day of the performance
Family Insect Project
- Turn this in by Friday, June 12
- We will be having a mini kindergarten science fair
- Specific information is on the blog and has been sent home in folders
Thursday, June 18th
- Room 104 will be performing The Very Hungry Caterpillar at 10:30 am in the auditorium.
- Parents and family member attendance is welcomed and encouraged
- Costumes are due Wednesday, June 10th
- At 2:00 pm we will be having our kindergarten celebration, A Banana Split Party, on the playground
- Please see the blog post and paper sent home for the donations needed
Friday, June 19th
- Last Day of School! It is a full day – 8:45 to 3:45
- There will be an all school picnic. We are outside all morning and watch a movie in the afternoon.
- Parents and family members are welcome to come to the picnic
- Students can bring towels to sit on, games, outside activities, and snacks.
- Lunch will be provided, but students may bring their own if they would like
- Students should wear sunscreen, a hat, and dress for the weather.
- Summer birthdays can bring a snack to share.
- Report cards will be given out at the end of the day before dismissal.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- I will be out of school on Thursday, June 11th.
- Please return any library books you may have at home.
- A form has been sent home asking you to indicate if your child will be returning to Ray next year. This information is very important in properly planning for next year. I still have not received all the forms and it has been sent home twice to some students. If you need a new one, let me know!
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- The final Scholastic Book Order has been placed and should be arriving shortly.
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info