Room 104 Families,
- I will be assessing students for end of the year dibels and REACH during both literacy and math centers this week. Since this is an individual or small group assessment, all the other students will be working on their own. It would be very beneficial to the students to have an extra pair of eyes and assistance during those times (9:30 am – 10:30 am and 2:20 pm – 3:30 pm). If you would like to help out please send me an email!
- I have two projects up on Donor’s Choose. Tell your friends and families and share the links on your Facebook and social media pages! Check them out and thanks! –
Fish and Snails
- Our fish and snails are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or snails, please let me know. There are five fish and two snails.
Sight Words: under, so, pretty
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from, his, her, out, this, what, get, went, they, not, where, got, make, find, but, eat, funny, help, good, please, who
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Baby Greeting
- Activity – Dime Poem
- Sharing – Students will pair share with their carpet partners
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Roll a Sight Word, Color by Sight Word
- Writing – There will be different writing papers and pick-a-prompts for the students to choose from for writing
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – ABCMouse
- Listening- Students will listen to Dinosaurs then write a fact from the book and draw a picture
- Teacher Time – Sight Word and Phonics Games, REACH Assessment
- Final blend and short vowel sort
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Independent Writing Folders
- Letter Writing
- Responses to read alouds
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- REACH Assessment
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Chances are good we will be done with all testing (dibels and REACH) this week!
- I will not be at school on Thursday, May 28th. I have many great things planned for the students to do with the substitute.
- A form has been sent home asking you to indicate if your child will be returning to Ray next year. This information is very important in properly planning for next year. I still have not received all the forms and it has been sent home twice to some students. If you need a new one, let me know!
- The students are very excited to be seeing the Third Grade Chicago Play on Friday, May 29th.
- Please let me know if you would like to present or send something in for Asian Pacific Heritage Month
- There is no school Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- Scholastic Book orders have been submitted and should be arriving shortly. New orders are due Wednesday, June 3rd. This will be the last book order and will arrive before the end of the school year. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info