Room 104 Families,
- I have TWO projects up on DonorsChoose. Tell your friends and families and share the links on your Facebook and social media pages! Check them out –
- http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-learn-with-the-best-resources/1466438/?rf=link-siteshare-2015-01-teacher_account-teacher_2480453&challengeid=20460118 This project expires soon and has not yet been funded, so please help get the word out!
Fish and Snails
- Our fish and snails are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or snails, please let me know. There are five fish and three snails.
Sight Words: got, make, find, but
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from, his, her, out, this, what, get, went, they, not, where
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Compliment Greeting
- Activity – Parts of a Plant Poem
- Sharing – Students will share their favorite zoo animal and why
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Read Around the Room Zoo Animals, Sequencing, Five Ways to Write a Word
- Writing – Sticker Stories, Pick and write about a zoo animal
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – ABCMouse
- Listening- Students will listen to Where the Wild Things Are then write a sentence and draw a picture about the book
- Teacher Time – Sight Word Practice, Weekly Story, Nonsense words
- Our focus comprehension skill this week is cause and effect
- Read If You Give a Dog a Donut and learn about cause and effect
- Digraph and short vowel sort
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Our writing will directly deal with our theme this week
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Zoo Animals (specifically lions, tigers, and cheetahs)
- Watch videos, look at pictures, and read books to learn all about the animals then complete different “All About” activities
- Compare and contrast the animals
- Things to Remember
- 5/5 (Tuesday): Dress like your favorite zoo animal
- 5/7 (Thursday): Bring a zoo animal book to school to read with a buddy
- 5/8 (Friday): Bring your favorite zoo animal stuffy to school
- FIELD TRIP to the Lincoln Park Zoo on Thursday, May 14th. Turn in permission slips ASAP
- Wish List: Large container of animal crackers (for a graphing activity), face paint crayons, zoo pal paper plates
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- One Dollar Game
- Name Collection Flowers
- “What’s My Rule?” with Numbers
- Zoo Animal Graphing
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, May 20th. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info