Room 104 Families,
- I have two projects up on Donor’s Choose. Tell your friends and families and share the links on your Facebook and social media pages! Check them out and thanks! –
Fish and Snails
- Our fish and snails are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or snails, please let me know. There are five fish and two snails.
Sight Words: had, very, or
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from, his, her, out, this, what, get, went, they, not, where, got, make, find, but, eat, funny, help, good, please, who, under, so, pretty
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Simon Says
- Activity – Parts of an Insect Song
- Sharing – Students will share their favorite part of thing from kindergarten and why
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Build Words, Rhyming Houses
- Writing – Free Write, My Favorite Insect is…
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – Starfall
- Listening- Students will listen to Frogs then write a fact from the book and draw a picture
- Teacher Time – Sight Word, Weekly Story, Phonics Game
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Our writing this week will be directly related to our theme work
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Insects
- Read many books about insects
- Parts of an Insect
- Read In The Tall, Tall Grass and create our own insect scenes
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- Fractions (Halves, Thirds, and Fourths)
- Thursday, June 4
- Students may dress in beach clothes (no swimsuits) and bring beach accessories
- We will be doing many beach related activities
- Please let me know if you would like to donate anything from the Beach Day wish list
Family Insect Project
- Turn this in by Friday, June 12
- We will be having a mini kindergarten science fair
- Specific information is on the blog and has been sent home in folders
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Assessments are complete!
- I will be gone for ONLY the morning of Tuesday, June 2. I will be attending a kindergarten panel and at pre-k center answering questions about kindergarten. I will be back in the afternoon.
- A form has been sent home asking you to indicate if your child will be returning to Ray next year. This information is very important in properly planning for next year. I still have not received all the forms and it has been sent home twice to some students. If you need a new one, let me know!
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, June 3rd. This will be the last book order and will arrive before the end of the school year. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic .com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me.
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info