Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: out, this, what, get
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from, his, her
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Dice Greeting
- Activity – Earth Day Pledge
- Sharing – Students will pair share with their carpet partners
- I have TWO projects up on DonorsChoose. Tell your friends and families and share the links on your Facebook and social media pages! Check them out –
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Read Around the Room Beginning/Middle/End, Middle Short Vowel, Rhyming/Building Words/Matching Words to Pictures
- Writing – My Earth Day Pledge, Four Ways to Help the Earth
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – Starfall
- Listening- Students will listen to Koalas then write a sentence about the book and draw a corresponding picture
- Teacher Time – Sight Word Practice, Earth Day Booklet, Pop for Sight Words Game
- Our focus comprehension skill this week is comparing and contrasting main characters
- Question Words
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Our writing will directly deal with our theme
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Earth Day
- Read Earth Day and related books
- Earth Day Flip Book
- My Earth Day Promise
- I Can Help the Earth by…
- Earth Day acrostic poem
- Earth Day Science Experiment
- Read The Lorax and do a writing activity
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- Double Digits with Dice
- Numbers in Sequence
- Bead String Name Collection
- Ones, Tens, Hundreds Game
- Earth Day Survey
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- It was so nice seeing everyone at Report Card Pick Up! Thank you for being an active participant in your child’s education.
- We will be visiting the book fair as a class on Wednesday afternoon. If you would like, you may send money with your child to purchase books. Please remember that tax is added. The book fair will be around during the week if you would like to visit.
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- Our fish and snails are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or snails, please let me know. There are five fish and four snails.
- Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, April 22nd. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info