Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: from, her, his
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Greet Five People
- Activity – Five Senses Poem
- Sharing – Students will share something they did over Spring Break. Please help them to prepare.
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Read Around the Room Family Words, Build and Write Sight Words, Sight Word Graphing
- Writing – Free Write with the help of topic cards if needed
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – ABCMouse
- Listening- Students will listen to Meerkats then write a sentence about the book and draw a corresponding picture
- Teacher Time – Sight Word Practice, Weekly Story, Nouns
- Our focus comprehension skill this week is main idea and details
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Independent Writing Folders
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Five Senses
- Read My Five Senses and other read alouds
- Keep a five senses journal
- Taste Test
- Take a five senses walk outside
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- Dice Addition Game
- 10’s and 1’s with craft sticks
- Name Collection with Craft Sticks
- Number Scrolls
- Place Value
- Plus or Minus Game
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Report Card Conferences are Thursday, April 16th. It is a non attendance day for students. Many people have already signed up for a time, please do so as soon as possible if you have not. The schedule is on the blog and is being updated as needed with times available and the current schedule.
- Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, April 22nd. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- I have TWO projects up on DonorsChoose. Tell your friends and families and share the links on your Facebook and social media pages! Check them out – http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-learn-with-the-best-resources/1466438/?rf=link-siteshare-2015-01-teacher_account-teacher_2480453&challengeid=20460118
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info