Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: went, they, not, where
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us, of, was, as, from, his, her, out, this, what, get
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Simon Says Greeting
- Activity – This Is My Garden Poem
- Sharing – Students will share one thing they can do to help the Earth
- I have TWO projects up on DonorsChoose. Tell your friends and families and share the links on your Facebook and social media pages! Check them out –
Fish and Snails
- Our fish and snails are going to need new homes as our school year starts to wind down. If you would like one or more of the fish or snails, please let me know. There are five fish and four snails.
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Read Around the Room Sight Words, Build Sight Words, Rhyming Houses
- Writing – Planting Plan Sequencing, Stamp Stories
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – GameGoo
- Listening- Students will listen to Where the Wild Things Are then draw a picture of a character from the book
- Teacher Time – Sight Word Practice, Plant Life Cycle Booklet, Bingo
- Our focus comprehension skill this week is main idea and details
- Initial Sound Sort
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Our writing will directly deal with our theme and students will have time to work in their independent writing folders
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Seeds/Plants
- Read fiction and nonfiction books about plants and seeds
- Create an anchor chart
- Parts of a Seed
- Make Greenhouses
- Parts of a Flower
- Read and Sequence The Carrot Seed
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- Time to the Hour
- High Roller Game
- Introduction to the Function Machine
- Number Gymnastics Game
- Introduction to the $1 Bill
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- A huge thanks to those who donated books to the classroom from the book fair!
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Kindergarten classrooms are a great place to donate things you do not need anymore. We can find a use for almost anything!
- Scholastic Book orders have been place and should be arriving shortly. The next book order is due Wednesday, May 20th. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info