Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: eight, did, all
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun
Letter of the Week: Bb
Please have your child cut out images from the newspaper or magazines that begin with our letter of the week so we can make a letter collage book. Students may bring in the images any day throughout the week.
Previous Letters: Mm, Aa, Ff, Cc, Pp, Bb, Hh, Ll, Tt, Gg, Ii, Ss, Zz, Dd, Ww, Rr, Jj, Oo, Qq, Uu
- Greeting – Fish Greeting
- Activity – Fish Poem
- Sharing – Pair share with carpet partners
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Read Around the Room, Build Sight Words with wikki stix, sticks, and magnets, Picture Sequence
- Writing – Free Writing – Students may pick a topic card to help
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Computer – ABCMouse
- Listening- Students will listen to Miss Nelson is Missing then draw a picture and write a sentence about the story
- Teacher Time – Practice Sight Words and Letter, weekly story, ABC Order
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Our focus comprehension skill this week will be story elements
- Long Vowel Sort
- Sight Word Songs
- Fish Books Books
- Phonemic Awareness
- Sing Who Let the Letters Out? We sing the song out of order and while doing that I try to spell as many sight words as possible that the students identify after the song. There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- Independent Journals
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Fish
- Students will work in their fish journals all week. Each day we will work on a different page.
- Parts of a Fish
- Fish Habitat and Fish Care
- Fish can, have, are
- First, Then, Next, Last How to Care for a Fish
- All About Fish
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Coins – Each day we will:
- Read a book about the coin
- Explore the coin
- Create an anchor chart with pictures of the front and back, worth, and a fact
- Complete an activity with the coin
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Over the past few weeks I have only received snack from one, maybe two students whom I have sent the note home with. We are out of snacks. If you have received a letter in the past few weeks and did not donate a snack please send one to school as soon as possible.
- The StoryBus will be here Friday, March 20th. The theme this year is Three Little Pigs. The bus is decorated like The Three Little Pigs and has many themed activities for the kids. We will get to spend about 30 minutes on the bus which will be parked at school. That whole week we will read different versions of The Three Little Pigs.
- Thanks you for all the donations and volunteers over the last few weeks!
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, March 18th. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- I have a new DonorsChoose project up. Tell your friends and families! Check it out – http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-learn-with-the-best-resources/1466438/?rf=link-siteshare-2015-01-teacher_account-teacher_2480453&challengeid=20460118
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. Turn them into me or by the security desk on the first floor. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info