Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: of, was, as
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by, six, because, will, seven, away, want, fun, eight, all, did, blue, black, brown, red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, green, white, gray, nine, ten, for, us
Letter of the Week: Review
- Greeting – Pass the Mask Greeting
- Activity – Spring Poem
- Sharing – Students will share their favorite type of weather and why. Please help them to prepare.
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Blends, Rainbow Word Families, Sight Word Search
- Writing – Favorite Season, Favorite Type of Weather
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Computer – GameGoo
- Listening- Students will listen to What Do You Do with a Kangaroo?
- Teacher Time – Sight Word Practice, Weekly Story, Word Endings
- Our focus comprehension skill this week will be to compare and contrast characters
- Sight Word Songs
- Read alouds
- Phonemic Awareness
- Weather Journals
- Students will keep weather journals for the entire week. They will get to pick which type of weather they would like to draw and write about each day. They will also graph the type of weather happening during that time in the back of their journals.
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Weather
- Read about various types of weather, like: rainy, cloudy, windy, and thunder and lightning then work in their weather journals
- Read It Looked Like Spilt Milk then create their own page with a cotton ball
- Observe the clouds (if there are any!)
- Read Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs then create their own version
- Shaving Cream Weather Science Experiment
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Marshmallow and Toothpick 3D Shapes
- Weather Number Stories
- Raindrop Addition
- Favorite Weather Graph
- Division of Whole Objects into Halves
- Half Cookie activity
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- The last day of third quarter is Thursday, April 2nd. Keep a look out for report card conference time requests and please return the sheet ASAP. Report Card Conferences are Thursday, April 16th.
- All for Books bags need to be returned by Thursday, April 2nd. Some people have already turned them in; thanks!
- No school for students on Friday, April 3rd for a teacher professional development day.
- Spring Break is April 6th – April 10th.
- Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, April 22nd. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are the books priced cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- I have a DonorsChoose project up. Tell your friends and families! Check it out – http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-learn-with-the-best-resources/1466438/?rf=link-siteshare-2015-01-teacher_account-teacher_2480453&challengeid=20460118
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. You may turn them in to me. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info