Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: six, because, will
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have, go, me, you, said, in, are, zero, do, that, one, up, down, two, he, she, three, four, with, play, five, love, by
Letter of the Week: Qq
Please have your child cut out images from the newspaper or magazines that begin with our letter of the week so we can make a letter collage book. Students may bring in the images any day throughout the week.
Previous Letters: Mm, Aa, Ff, Cc, Pp, Bb, Hh, Ll, Tt, Gg, Ii, Ss, Zz, Dd, Ww, Rr, Jj, Oo
- Greeting – Students will go around and greet five other students. On the 100th Day they will be encouraged to say – Happy 100th Day!
- Activity – One Hundred Days Poem
- Sharing – Pair share with carpet partners
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Color by Sight Word
- Writing – Students will write a letter
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Computer – Starfall
- Listening- Students will listen to The Biggest, Best Snowman then draw a picture of their favorite part
- Teacher Time – Practice Sight Words and Letter, y as a vowel
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- Our focus comprehension skill is beginning, middle, end
- Sight word songs
- Phonemic Awareness
- Sing Who Let the Letters Out? We sing the song out of order and while doing that I try to spell as many sight words as possible that the students identify after the song. There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- Writing will be directly related to theme and 100th Day this week
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Black History Month with a focus on Ruby Bridges and Rosa Parks, 100th Day
- Read about Ruby Bridges and create a character web
- Read about Rosa Parks and write about her
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- Raft Game
100th Day – Wednesday, Feb. 18th
- I am still looking for a few volunteers, if you would like to help fom 9:30 am to around 11:15 am please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks in advance to the people who have already volunteered to help
- Morning Centers – 100th Day Hat, 100 Dots, “Gumball” Machine, Make a design with 100
- Writing – When I am 100 years old…
- Math Centers – 100’s grid, 100 Name
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- No School on Monday, Feb. 16th to observe President’s Day
- If you have more specific questions about the middle of the year dibels results that were sent home just send me an email or note.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- Scholastic Book orders have been placed and should be arriving shortly. A new books order will be sent home soon.
- With the cold weather upon us it is very important that your child can independently dress themselves in their winter gear. Please also label all winter gear in case it gets lost.
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Each student has their own Bob Book (http://bobbooks.com/) in their read to self bags. Students are able to practice their books during centers (usually with the third grade buddies) and read them correctly to me to pass on to the next book. These are great books! Please refer to the link with any questions.
- I have a new DonorsChoose project up. Tell your friends and families! Check it out – http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-learn-with-the-best-resources/1466438/?rf=link-siteshare-2015-01-teacher_account-teacher_2480453&challengeid=20460118
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. Turn them into me or by the security desk on the first floor. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info