Room 104 Families,
- Our field trip to Goldilocks and the Three Bears is on Monday, December 8th. Students must arrive to school on time as we will be leaving around 9:00 am. All students must bring a lunch but it does not need to be disposable because we will be eating in the classroom when we get back. Thanks in advance to our chaperones.
Sight Words: go, me, you
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my, here, yes, no, day, come, run, have
Letter of the Week: Ii
Please have your child cut out images from the newspaper or magazines that begin with our letter of the week so we can make a letter collage book. Students may bring in the images any day throughout the week.
Previous Letters: Mm, Aa, Ff, Cc, Pp, Bb, Hh, Ll, Tt, Gg
- Greeting – Pass the Mask Greeting
- Activity – Gingerbread Man Poem
- Sharing – Students will share their favorite place to visit and why
- Word Work – Rainbow Words, Picture/Word Matching, Read Around the Room The Hat Characters, ip/it word family sort.
- Writing – If the fox hadn’t caught the gingerbread man…/Favorite gingerbread story
- Read to Self and Read to Someone – focus on identifying sight words
- Computer – ABCMouse, iPad games
- Listening- Students will listen to Gingerbread Man Loose in the School then draw their favorite part
- Teacher Time – Sight word practice, letter practice, weekly story, long i/short i sounds (Long i says its own name – ice, short i – igloo)
- Read with our Third Grade Buddies
- We will focus on story structure this week (Character/Setting/Problem/Solution) through various versions of The Gingerbread Man
- Sight word songs.
- Phonemic Awareness.
- Sing Who Let the Letters Out? We will now be singing the song out of order. There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- Independent Writing Journals
- Students will decorate paper gingerbread houses and write about it
- Sequence The Hat
- Write what happened at the beginning, middle, and end of The Hat.
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Gingerbread Man Stories and The Hat
- We will read numerous versions of The Gingerbread Man (for example: The Gingerbread Bear, Gingerbread Friends to name a few) and focus on the characters, the repeated refrain, and the ending.
- Read The Hat and discuss winter animals
- Sequence The Hat and focus on the beginning, middle, and end
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- Math Centers
- Follow My Pattern
- Gingerbread House Patterns
- Interrupted Counts
- Meet the Calculator
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Scholastic Book orders have been placed and should be arriving shortly.
- Gingerbread Projects are due Friday, December 12th.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- With the cold weather upon us it is very important that your child can independently dress themselves in their winter gear.
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- I have a project up on a website called Donors Choose. Please consider looking at the website and donating any amount to help fund my project (http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-soar-through-technology/1316674/?rf=page-siteshare-2014-09-project-teacher_2480453). I am asking for technology that will directly benefit all the students currently in Room 104 and in the future. Also encourage your family and friends to donate.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. Turn them into me or by the security desk on the first floor. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info