Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: Review
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my,
here, day, yes, no
Letter of the Week: Review
Previous Letters: Mm, Aa, Ff, Cc, Pp, Bb, Hh, Ll, Tt
- Greeting – Each student will greet five others by shaking their hand and saying Hello
- Activity – Turkey, Turkey Poem
- Sharing – Students will pair share with a partner
- -an word family turkey
- Color by sight word turkey
- Complete the predictable sentence, “Is that a turkey? _______” Each week with our predictable sentences we make a class book that stays in our Book Center. Students may put the books in their Read to Self bags to read and/or read them when doing Read to Someone.
- Beginning sound sort.
- Phonemic Awareness
- Sing Who Let the Letters Out? We sing the song out of order. There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- While working in our independent journals this week we will focus on chopping out words – writing all the sounds you hear in a word.
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Thanksgiving
- Thankful Turkey
- Thanksgiving Dinner Sequencing
- Many Thanksgiving read alouds
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- Adding Turkeys
- Clear Packing Tape
Things to Know:
- I will not be here on Tuesday, November 25th because I have been summoned for jury duty. I will tell the students in advance to prepare them. I have planned many great things for them to do with the substitute.
- We recently did a fun color experiment with all of our third grade buddies. Here is a link to the experiment: http://www.learnplayimagine.com/2013/09/color-surprise-eruptions.html. The students seemed to have a really great time and got to use a few different colors. I heard lots of ooohs and aaaah during the experiment.
- Now that cold weather is upon us please make sure that your child can independently dress themselves in all their winter gear!
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- The next Scholastic Book order is due Friday, December 5th. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are they cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Library books are due every Friday.
- There will be no homework this week. Please continue to read at least 20 minutes a night, practice reading and writing our sight words, and practice counting.
- Our next field trip is Monday, December 8th. Please turn in the permission slip and fee as soon as possible.
- There is no school on Wednesday the 26th, Thursday the 27th, and Friday the 28th for Thanksgiving Break.
- Ray School is participating in a holiday food drive with the Chicago Bulls. Please consider donating non perishable and canned food items by November 25. I have a box in the classroom for the items. Thanks in advance.
- Both our librarian (Ms. Collins – firstname.lastname@example.org) and our art teacher (Ms. Dana – email@example.com) are looking for parents to volunteer in their classrooms. Please contact them if you would like to volunteer.
- I have a project up on a website called Donors Choose. Please consider looking at the website and donating any amount to help fund my project (http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-soar-through-technology/1316674/?rf=page-siteshare-2014-09-project-teacher_2480453). I am asking for technology that will directly benefit all the students currently in Room 104 and in the future. Also encourage your family and friends to donate.
- Continue to work on ST Math (JiJi) and ABCMouse at home.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. Turn them into me or by the security desk on the first floor. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info