Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: Review
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also sing our sight word songs.
Previous Sight Words: I, am, like, we, see, the, can, and, be, big, little, on, it, to, a, is, look, at, my,
Letter of the Week: Review
Previous Letters: Mm, Aa, Ff, Cc, Pp, Bb, Hh, Ll
- Greeting – Each student will greet five others by shaking their hand and saying Hola
- Activity – Monster Poem
- Sharing – Students will pair share
- Our big book story this week is Mouse Shapes. We will picture walk through the book, read it, do activities with the problem and solution, and complete a writing activity where students will make something with shapes just like the mice in the book.
- Name venn diagrams.
- All of our third grade reading buddies will come down to our classroom and participate in a color foam experiment.
- Sing old sight word songs.
- Beginning sound sort.
- Phonemic Awareness
- Sing Who Let the Letters Out? We will now be singing the song out of order. There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- While working in our independent journals this week we will focus on chopping out words – writing all the sounds you hear in a word.
- Math Survey
- Math Journals
- ST Math
- The Train Game
- Probability Tray
- Pan Balance
- Monster Squeeze
- Domino Concentration Game
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- There will be no homework this week. Please continue to read at least 20 minutes a night and practice both reading and writing our sight words. It is also a good idea to continue practicing counting by 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s. Consider using the websites linked on the blog (Websites to Use page) – Game Goo was a big hit during literacy centers last week.
- Scholastic Books order is due Friday, November 14th. You may order by going online (https://clubs2.scholastic.com), directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are they cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom!
- Library books are due every Friday.
- There is no school on Tuesday, November 11 because of Veteran’s Day.
- Report Card Pick Up is on Wednesday, November 12. I look forward to seeing everyone at their scheduled time.
- Both our librarian (Ms. Collins – firstname.lastname@example.org) and our art teacher (Ms. Dana – email@example.com) are looking for parents to volunteer in their classrooms. Please contact them if you would like to volunteer.
- I have a project up on a website called Donors Choose. Please consider looking at the website and donating any amount to help fund my project (http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-us-soar-through-technology/1316674/?rf=page-siteshare-2014-09-project-teacher_2480453). I am asking for technology that will directly benefit all the students currently in Room 104 and in the future. Also encourage your family and friends to donate.
- It is not a requirement to work on ST Math (JiJi) at home but many students have expressed interest in doing so. Activation codes have been sent home though some students are still learning their password.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. Turn them into me or by the security desk on the first floor. Each Box Top earns money for the school. http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info