Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: I, am (review), like
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also start our sight word songs.
Letter of the Week: Mm
Please have your child cut out images from the newspaper or magazines that
begin with our letter of the week so we can make a letter collage book. Students may
bring in the images any day throughout the week.
- This Week we will do the ___________ is here Greeting, the Cooper Says Activity, and for sharing students will share their favorite color and why. Practice this with them.
- Sharing Schedule
Monday – Aimee Taina Loren Samuel Taishi
Tuesday – Ibrahim Josiah Thea Zane Charles Joe
Wednesday – Haylee Julian King Tye Tony
Thursday – Malik Mackenzie Yu Harris Angel
Friday – Mehki Samara Shunta Noah Vivian
- We will continue to build our Read to Self stamina with the hope of reaching our 15 minute goal this week. We are so close!
- A new center – Read to Someone will be introduced. We will work on building our stamina to 15 minutes for that one also.
- Read Little Blue and Little Yellow
- Read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? many times. We will sequence it, choral read it, and each student will create their own page for the book.
- We will participate in a color mixing experiment that will last the whole week.
- Learn color songs.
- List words that begin with the letter Mm.
- Sing Who Let the Letters Out? There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- Math Survey
- Each day will will make our color posters with the disposable items the students bring in.
- Monday through Wednesday we will learn about different shapes (square, circle, star, triangle, rectangle, heart, oval, diamond, hexagon). Each shape will be introduced with a poem.
- Marshmallow Stamping
- Shape Robot
- Shape Pizza
Theme (Science/Social Studies): Character Education/Second Step
- Each day we will go through a different lesson from our character education curriculum – Second Step. We will be learning about different feelings.
- Students will continue to independent journal this week. We start with how to make a wow picture and come up with a list of topics to write about. Students are encouraged to draw very detailed pictures and the students who can write words will be encouraged to do so.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- Students have homework this week. The packet is due on Friday.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due Wednesday, September 24. You may order by going online, directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are they cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- I have not received many forms back that were sent home the first day of school. All forms must be turned in as soon as possible. They are all important but the most important is the Fee Waiver Form. All students must turn one in as it helps to determine funding for the school. Please send a note or email if you have lost it and I will get you a new one. You may complete the form with name and address only and put N/A on the rest if you are not interested in providing the financial information.
- Myself and a few other teachers have projects up on a website called Donors Choose. Please consider searching that website for my project to help fund it. I am asking for technology that will directly benefit all the students currently in Room 104 and in the future. Also encourage your family and friends to donate.
- Open House is Wednesday, September 17 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. There will be presentations for the parents and time to stop in the classrooms. At Open House I will have extra forms in case they have not yet been filled out. You will also be able to sign up to go paperless with the newsletter. You may also email me if you would like to go paperless with the newsletter.
- Remember to have your student dress in our colors each day – Monday – yellow and blue, Tuesday – red and purple, Wednesday – orange and brown, Thursday – pink and green, Friday – rainbow.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. Turn them into me or by the security desk on the first floor.