Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: I, am
We will use and write them in sentences. We will also start our sight word songs.
- This Week we will do the Name Jump Greeting and the Pass the Mask Activity.
- We will continue to build our Read to Self stamina with the hope of reaching our 15 minute goal this week.
- We will focus on character education read alouds and talk about the feelings of the characters in the book. Students will draw times they felt the same way.
- Complete the predictable sentence: “I am _____________.” with their names. Students will have to glue the words in order and draw a corresponding picture.
- Sing Who Let the Letters Out? There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- Math Survey
- Getting to Know Numbers
- Introduction to Sorting
- Birthday Graph
- Sound and Motion Patterns
- Patterns with Colors
- Coin Comparison
Theme (Science/Social Studies): All About Me
- We will make a boy/girl graph and see which there is more of in our class
- After reading Chrysanthemum, students will make a self portrait
- How many people live in your house?
- All About Me Glyph
- A glyph is a set of questions that the students have to answer, each product will be different based on how students answer. It is also a way to practice following directions.
- Name Order
- Students will continue to independent journal this week. We start with how to make a wow picture and come up with a list of topics to write about. Students are encouraged to draw very detailed pictures and the students who can write words will be encouraged to do so.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- We have not started homework yet, but please get in the habit of or continue reading at least 20 minutes a day with your child.
- School starts promptly at 8:45 am. I will pick up the students on the north playground at the spot labeled 104. If a student is tardy they should go directly to the security desk and obtain a tardy slip. They will then hand that to me when they get to the classroom. Dismissal is 3:45 pm on the north playground near the doors/wall. If your child is going home with someone new, please send a note or email letting me know.
- Ray School folders have yet to arrive. Once these folders arrive they will be going back and forth between school and home everyday.
- Accidents happen. It is preferred that students keep an extra pair of clothes at school.
- You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school. My blog address is rmaltz.cuipblogs.net. Click the follow button on the bottom and enter your email address to receive all blog posts straight to your inbox. I prefer that families do this so that they do not have to remember to check it. All updates will be sent directly to you if you subscribe.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due Wednesday, September 24. You may order by going online, directions have been given, or handing the order and check to me. Please consider ordering books from Scholastic. Not only are they cheap but all books bought earn the classrooms bonus points. With those points I am able to get resources and books for the classroom.
- Library books are due every Friday.
- I have not received many forms back that were sent home the first day of school. All forms must be turned in as soon as possible. They are all important but the most important is the Fee Waiver Form. All students must turn one in as it helps to determine funding for the school. Please send a note or email if you have lost it and I will get you a new one. You may complete the form with name and address only and put N/A on the rest if you are not interested in providing the financial information.
- Consider collecting Box Tops. They are on many of the everyday items that you buy. Turn them into me or by the security desk on the first floor.