Room 104 Families,
- This Week we will do the Good Morning Friends Greeting.
- Listen to Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten.
- Listen to Chicka Chicka Boom Boom then students will create their own name tree
- Students will be asked to identify their name, tell me the first letter, and tell me where it should go on the word wall.
- Listen to many read aloud about the first day of school, school, and friends.
- Read to Self, our first literacy center will be introduced. This week we will work on building stamina starting with reading for three full minutes at a time and hopefully gaining a minute each day until we reach our goal of 15 minutes.
- Students will learn the song, Who Let the Letters Out? There is a link to it on the Things to be Working on at Home page on the blog.
- Partner Match – students will need to find the person that has the same length paper as them. We will use the following vocabulary words: length, match, compare, bigger, smaller, longer, shorter, same length.
- Introduction to Pattern Blocks – students will explore pattern blocks and their names/attributes. They will also be able to trace the blocks to make patterns/designs.
- Countdown to Zero – we will learn about the word, “none” and read Five Little Monkeys. We will practice counting backwards.
- Students will get to explore different parts of the math center.
- Students will be introduced to independent journaling this week. We will start with how to make a wow picture and come up with a list of topics to write about. Students are encouraged to draw very detailed pictures and the students who can write words will be encouraged to do so.
Theme (Science/Social Studies): School Rules and Classroom Community Building
- Listen to The Kissing Hand then make a first day of school project.
- Students will help me read the pictures of No, David! and brainstorm class rules.
- Students will draw their own hopes and dreams to decorate the classroom.
Things to Know:
- Please check regularly and use the Things To Be Working On At Home link on the blog.
- We have not started homework yet, but please get in the habit of or continue reading at least 20 minutes a day with your child.
- School starts promptly at 8:45 am. I will pick up the students on the north playground at the spot labeled 104.
- Dismissal is 3:45 pm. I will dismiss the students at the wall near the doors of the north playground. Students are handed off directly to the person picking them up. Students must say good-bye to me and shake my hand before they leave. Adults picking up the children should walk to me, I will not be sending them across the playground or out the gates to someone. If your child is going home with someone new, please send a note or email letting me know.
- Accidents happen. It is preferred that students keep an extra pair of clothes at school. Students may keep their clothes in their backpack or their locker in the classroom.
- As far as I have been told lunch is free to all students. Students may also bring a lunch from home.
- Breakfast is served in the cafeteria and is available to all students. If a student would like breakfast they should be at the cafeteria around 8:30 am.
- If a student is tardy they should go directly to the security guard and obtain a tardy slip. They will then hand that to me when they get to the classroom.
- You may contact me at email@example.com or by calling the school. My blog address is rmaltz.cuipblogs.net. Click the follow button on the bottom and enter your email address to receive all blog posts straight to your inbox. I prefer that families do this so that they do not have to remember to check it. All updates will be sent directly to you if you subscribe.
- Room 104 loves having volunteers, however I will not be asking for volunteers until October. You have received a volunteer packet. This must be filled out if you would like to volunteer in the classroom or on a field trip. If you have filled this out in the past, Ray School is asking you to do it again.
- We will be having monthly birthday celebrations. You will receive a letter the month of your child’s birthday with all the information. July and August birthdays will be celebrated in June.
- It was so great getting to meet so many Room 104 families at the Ice Cream Social. I am looking forward to having a wonderful first week back and am so excited to get the school year started.