Week of March 4
Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: will, three, out
Previous Sight Words: I, like, see, the, is, little, big, a, to, we, can, be, and, look, at, my, you, are, for, am, in, on, no, it, this, said, run, do, want, play, yes, was, if, would, come, have, me, went, with, help, he, she, go, they, up, of, what, now, love, how, here, one, find, two, too
We are going to use and write these words in sentences.
We have been learning songs for all our sight words, ask your student to share the songs with you!
Letter of the Week: Rr
Previous Letters: Kk, Pp, Jj, Hh, Ff, Tt, Ii, Gg, Mm, Cc, Ww, Aa, Ss, Bb, Vv, Oo, Dd
Theme: Our theme this week is Dr. Seuss
- Students will listen to ABC, then make our own class ABC book.
- Students will listen to Hop on Pop then do an activity with -at, -op, -it, and -ug word families.
- Students will listen to Wacky Wednesday then draw a picture of something that is crazy and explain why.
- Students will listen to Fox in Socks then design their own sock and describe the sock and who would wear it.
- Students will listen to Green Eggs and Ham then eat our own version (pudding with green food coloring and sprinkles and nilla wafers. We will graph if we liked it or not.
On the following days please have your child wear:
- Monday – Green and White and Ray School clothes for Ray Spirit Day
- Tuesday – Favorite Hat
- Wednesday – Dress wacky and creative
- Thursday – Crazy Socks
- Friday – PJ Day
- Student will work in their March Journals.
- This week our phonics lessons will focus on words that begin with /r/ and I will introduce digraphs (two or more letter together that make a new sound), like /wh/, /th/, /ch/, and /ch/.
- Wacky Menu.
- A Silly Story.
- I will eat them ___________________________ (pick a place just like in Green Eggs and Ham).
- Patterns with craft sticks.
- Measurement with feet
- Guess My Number Game.
- Count with Calculators
- Math Centers – Graphing goldfish and goldfish number stories.
- Writing Center: Rainbow write the sight words and writing a letter to a friend.
- Art Center: Create a crazy creature like the ones in Dr. Seuss books.
- Math Center: Equivalent Dominoes.
- Read Around the Room: Words that begin with /r/.
- Listening Center: Listen to Miss Nelson is Missing then write a sentence about the story and draw a picture.
- ABC Center: Matching uppercase and lowercase letters then practice writing them.
- For our Journeys curriculum we will read a story called In the Big Blue Sea. Our goals this week are Author’s Purpose and Analyze/Evaluate. Our science lessons for the week will focus around this book and the little books during guided reading.
- After reading our main story for the second time, we will complete a web of ocean animals.
- Listen to One-Dog Canoe and do an activity with Author’s Purpose.
- Listen to Yurtle the Turtle and talk about being bossy.
- From Farm to you Table.
- Feelings Change.
- Remember to keep checking the Things To Be Working On At Home page to the right.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due on Wednesday, March 20th – new flyers to be sent home soon.
- Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 2nd.
- Ray School Festival is on Thursday, March 21st.
- The Story Bus will be visiting us on Monday, March 4th.