Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: all, four, because
Previous Sight Words: I, like, see, the, is, little, big, a, to, we, can, be, and, look, at, my, you, are, for, am, in, on, no, it, this, said, run, do, want, play, yes, was, if, would, come, have, me, went, with, help, he, she, go, they, up, of, what, now, love, how, here, one, find, two, too, will, three, out, some, down, by
We are going to use and write these words in sentences.
We have been learning songs for all our sight words, ask your student to share the songs with you!
Letter of the Week: Uu
Previous Letters: Kk, Pp, Jj, Hh, Ff, Tt, Ii, Gg, Mm, Cc, Ww, Aa, Ss, Bb, Vv, Oo, Dd, Rr, Qq
Theme: Our theme this week is Weather
- Listen to It Looked Like Spilt Milk, we will make a class poster about the different clouds, then students will write about which cloud is their favorite.
- Learn about wind and tornadoes.
- Learn about rain.
- Learn about storms like hurricanes and thunderstorms.
- After reading Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs the students will color in a town, draw different foods falling on the town, and write about their picture.
- Student will work in their Weather Journals. Each day students will graph the weather outside and pick a different type of weather to write about.
- This week our phonics lessons will focus on words that have the short /u/ in the beginning, short /u/ in the middle, long /u/, and the “magic e” which is silent and makes the vowel in the middle says it’s own name (long).
- The Raft Game – 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s.
- Standard and Nonstandard measurement with feet.
- Tools for measuring length.
- Math Centers – Number stories with raindrops, measuring.
- We will also work this week on completing a 100’s chart – writing all the numbers from 0 to 100.
- Writing Center: Rainbow write the sight words and My Wish on a Four Leaf Clover.
- Art Center: Make an umbrella.
- Math Center: Measuring with cubes.
- Read Around the Room: Words that have the letter /u/.
- Listening Center: Listen to More Spaghetti, I Say! then write a sentence about the story and draw a picture.
- ABC Center: Sequencing.
- For our Journeys curriculum we will read a story called Curious George’s Dinosaur Discovery. Our goals this week are Sequencing and Visualizing.
- The students will complete a word sort with the long and short sounds for /u/.
- Character Education – Same or Different.
- Goods Around the World.
- Remember to keep checking the Things To Be Working On At Home page to the right.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due on Wednesday, March 20th
- Ray School Festival is on Thursday, March 21st.
- Spring Break is March 25th – 29th.