Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: what, now, love
Previous Sight Words: I, like, see, the, is, little, big, a, to, we, can, be, and, look, at, my, you, are, for, am, in, on, no, it, this, said, run, do, want, play, yes, was, if, would, come, have, me, went, with, help, he, she, go, they, up, of
We are going to use and write these words in sentences.
We have been learning songs for all our sight words, ask your student to share the songs with you!
Letter of the Week: Vv
Previous Letters: Kk, Pp, Jj, Hh, Ff, Tt, Ii, Gg, Mm, Cc, Ww, Aa, Ss, Bb
Theme: Our theme this week is Valentine’s Day
- Students will make a book on “How to Make a Card”.
- Students will make their Valentine Bags to collect valentines from their classmates.
- Valentine Puzzle – Students will color in a heart puzzle and write in four things they love, they will then cut it apart and put it back together.
- Practice Writing Letters – The students will write a valentine postcard, they will write who it is to, from, the letter, and draw a picture.
- Student will start work in their February Journals.
- This week our phonics lessons will focus on /v/ and the cvc (consonant vowel consonant) spelling pattern. One day we will list words that begin with /v/, another day we will practice chopping out cvc words, ex: cat, ham, sit, pot, hen, fun. Students will also get to write out the cvc words on white boards and spell them out loud.
- Body and Rope Shapes.
- Candy Heart Graphing and Tallies.
- Greater than, less than, or equal to with love bugs.
- Shape Comparisons.
- Writing Center: Rainbow write the sight words and complete a valentine letter.
- Art Center: Students will create a symmetrical valentine picture.
- Math Center: Adding objects.
- Read Around the Room: Find and write words beginning with /v/.
- Listening Center: Students will listen to Pete the Cat Rocking Out in my School Shoes then will do a beginning, middle, end.
- ABC Center: Students will roll a dice and graph the sight word that goes with the number on the dice.
- For our Journeys curriculum we will read a story called What a Beautiful Sky!. Our goals this week are sequencing and analyze/evaluate.
- Character Education – We Feel Feelings in Our Bodies
- Using Resources.
- My skin is as _____________ as ________________.
- Harriet Tubman.
- Remember to keep checking the Things To Be Working On At Home page to the right.
- There is no school on Tuesday, February 12th for Lincoln’s Birthday
- Valentine’s Day is on Thursday, February 14th – our class party will be from 1:45 pm to 2:30 pm. Thank you to all the families who are donating supplies for the party, I am still looking for someone to donate drinks. Please do not have students write names in the “to” section on their valentines, just who they are from.
- The 100th Day of School is on Wednesday, February 20th – more information to come.
- Wednesday, February 27th is a half-day of school, students will be dismissed at 12:15 pm on the south playground having both breakfast and lunch at school.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due on Wednesday, February 27th.