Hello 104 Families!
I hope that all Room 104 families had a nice holiday season with family and friends. There is a lot happening when we get back so I hope all the students are nice and rested, I know I am!
- Ray School starts a new schedule tomorrow, which was sent home before break. School still starts promptly at 8:45 am with Morning Fitness, we are outside weather permitting otherwise we exercise in the classroom. Students who arrive later than 8:45 am will be marked tardy.
- I will add a schedule page to the right asap, but for reference here is our new specials schedule: Monday – Computer Lab, Tuesday – Spanish, Wednesday – Music (every other) and PE, Thursday – Art, Friday – Library (bring books back every Friday). Specials are daily from 2:30-3:30 except Music which is 1:00 – 1:45.
- For tomorrow only there will be a change in the schedule for the whole school – there will be an abbreviated Morning Fitness then an all school assembly in the auditorium to kick off 2013.
- Birthdays – We have many birthdays coming up in our classroom and the new schedule poses a little challenge with the celebrations. I am thinking the best time to start birthdays is between 2:00 and 2:15, just before specials. I know this may be tricky for working families, so we can work out the times on an individual basis. Please contact me two weeks before your child’s birthday or half birthday so we can plan accordingly. If you are unable to make it anytime, we can arrange for you to send treats that day so the student still get their special time.
- Wish list – paper plates, plastic cups, disinfecting wipes
- Continue to check the Things To Be Worked On At Home page to the right as it is continually updated. When we get back I will be assessing the students on their sight word knowledge, letter names and sounds, and counting by 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s as hight as they can – please work on these things at home. A complete sight word list so far was sent home before break and the words are also on this site.
- Absences – please send a note upon your child’s return to school with the date of absence, reason, and parent/guardian signature.
- Lastly, thank you so much to all the families who donated all the supplies and their time to our holiday celebration. That was greatly appreciated. The students had such a great time and were completely engaged which would not have been possible without the amazing volunteers and the supplies. Thanks again!
- Looking froward to seeing everyone tomorrow!