Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: you, are
Previous Sight Words: I, like, see, the, is, little, big, a, to, we, can, be, and, look, at, my
We are going to use and write these words in sentences.
We have been learning songs for all our sight words, ask your student to share the songs with you!
Letter of the Week: Review of Previous Letters
Previous Letters: Kk, Pp, Jj, Hh, Ff
Theme: Our theme this week is Pilgrim Life
- We will discuss pilgrim children past and present.
- Compare ourselves to pilgrim children.
- Look at and discuss a pilgrim village.
- Learn pilgrim words.
- Student will continue work in their November Journals.
- I will encourage using our sight words and students writing one sentence to describe their picture.
- Students are now encouraged to independently chop out and write the words.
- Math Centers this week will be: color by numbers (a way to continue practicing reading color words), coin sorting, Thanksgiving sequencing about making a turkey, and explore the remaining math centers.
- Preparation for Number Writing.
- Matching Coin Game – a fun game where students roll a cube, then match the coins. They will graph their responses.
- Writing Center: Rainbow write our sight words.
- Art Center: Make the face of a pilgrim.
- Math Center: Adding and Number writing.
- Read Around the Room: Review – find words beginning with all the letters we have done so far.
- Listening Center: Students will listen to a story then draw what they think happens to the stray dog after the story ends.
- ABC Center: Rhyming.
- Games Center: Memory.
- The students will create a class book completing the following sentence: Are you ___________________? (to be filled in with an emotion).
- For our Journeys curriculum we will read a story called My Five Senses. Our goal this week is compare/contrast.
- This week we will learn about Colonial Life.
- Continue talking to your child about appropriate behaviors when playing with other children and on the playground.
- There is no school on Thursday, November 22nd and Friday, November 23rd for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Remember to keep checking the Things To Be Working On At Home page to the right.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due online or to me by Wednesday, November 28th.