Room 104 Families,
Sight Words: for, am
Previous Sight Words: I, like, see, the, is, little, big, a, to, we, can, be, and, look, at, my, you, are
We are going to use and write these words in sentences.
We have been learning songs for all our sight words, ask your student to share the songs with you!
Letter of the Week: Tt
Previous Letters: Kk, Pp, Jj, Hh, Ff
Theme: Our theme this week is Being Thankful and Thanksgiving
- We will read many fiction and non-fiction books about Thanksgiving and do follow up activities.
- Students will make a turkey and decorate it with feathers.
- Students will make the Mayflower with their handprint then write what they would have brought with them on the long journey.
- Student will continue work in their November Journals.
- Students will practice writing the letter /t/.
- I will encourage using our sight words and students writing one sentence to describe their picture.
- Students are now encouraged to independently chop out and write the words. We do phonemic awareness mini lessons everyday before journaling to help and inspire the students to chop out words on their own.
- Math Centers this week will be: fill in the missing number up to 15, pull a “teen” number from a deck of cards then build that number in unifix cubes, helping a turkey to gobble up the bigger number, and explore the remaining math centers.
- Number boards – students will draw a certain amount of objects next to the corresponding number.
- Tricky Teens – we will go more indepth with the “teen” numbers.
- Writing Center: Letter /t/ phonics activities.
- Art Center: Make the face of a pilgrim.
- Math Center: Adding and Number writing.
- Read Around the Room: Review – find words beginning with all the letters we have done so far along with /t/.
- Listening Center: Students will listen to a story then draw what they think happens to the stray dog after the story ends.
- ABC Center: Rhyming.
- Games Center: Memory.
- The students will create a class book completing the following sentence: I am thankful for ___________________.
- For our Journeys curriculum we will read a story called My Five Senses and other books about senses. Our goal this week is compare/contrast.
- This week we will learn about Thanksgiving.
- Glue Sticks
- Clear Packing Tape
- There is no school on Thursday, November 22nd and Friday, November 23rd for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Remember to keep checking the Things To Be Working On At Home page to the right.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due online or to me by Wednesday, November 28th.
- Thank you to everyone for coming to report card pick up. We had 100% attendance! It was great talking to everyone and thank you for your involvement.